What Baby Can Do at Birth
There are so many misconceptions about newborn babies.
I am still asked if baby can see or hear at birth!
The answer is a resounding YES! Let’s explore the remarkable skills that babies are born with. Read the list below so that you can rejoice and encourage baby every day.
• Feel, taste, and hear
• Move arms and legs in play
• Cry when in need of something
• Enjoy being held and spoken to
• See things 8 – 10 inches away
• See the human face and black and white contrasts
• Look into your eyes while you look into his
• Maintain a quiet alert (learning) state for minutes at a time
• Look at simple pictures or designs
• Lift head to look around
• Begin to turn head
• Grasp a small object briefly
• Make cooing sounds
• Turn head to the side to follow an object
• Turn head to the side to follow a sound
• Reach toward a toy
• Show happy and sad feelings by making sounds
Did You Know?
That babies learn everything through their senses?
This means whatever you help him see, hear, touch, move, taste, or smell, he will learn from.